The Placer County Genealogical Society was founded in 1980 to encourage an active interest in the study of genealogy and related interests by its members and the general public.
The Society's objectives are to:
- Instruct and educate members and the general public in the use of genealogical research techniques and procedures.
- Preserve public and private records, and to publish books, bulletins and newsletters relating to family history and genealogy.
- Assist in the enhancement of the Auburn-Placer County Library Genealogical Department.
- General membership meetings with an educational program held at the Auburn-Placer County Library Beecher Room, 350 Nevada Street in Auburn
- Study group sessions
- Family Tree Maker User Group; a free annual spring seminar; genealogy section at the Auburn-Placer County Library; monthly newsletter; research services and indexing and extraction projects of Placer County records; and publications.